Thursday, October 13, 2011

Suprise!

This has been a crazy summer. Dave has taken a lot of time off, but because of life we have not got to spend a lot of time together as a family. After a weekend in which he was not around at all, he surprised us one morning by taking the day off from work. It was wonderful! All family and all fun! That doesn't seem to happen much.
Since we love to hike, that is what we did. We started the north loop trail for Mt. Charleston. We took our time and just enjoyed hiking. We just went as far as we could in the time we had and let the girls play and eat at the turn around point. The girls have been into the show Dora, so I made them a map to follow. They liked it, but most of the pictures fell off, so it didn't get the full effect I wanted it to. Next time it will be better!We found this log, that made a great lunch and turn around spot. We relaxed and also explored with the girls. Comparing the tree's pine needles to one another and enjoying the beauty of the outdoors.

These are just some of the random hiking pictures. Bryner got mad anytime we stopped hike, but fell asleep for a lot of it. The girls would randomly stop and sit down on the trail. It was a wonderful surprise day with Dad and it made us all feel refreshed and ready to get back to life a little.

1 comment:

Chanell said...

I love your map! Tessa would love that... maybe I'll steal your idea for her birthday. I am so impressed that you guys hike with your three little ones. You guys are awesome.