Thursday, October 13, 2011

Zion

This was a quick trip to Zion. We met the my family there to introduce them to one of our favorite places. Erin and Jack had already been there for like 1-2 weeks and had connections to a place to stay for free. Yeah no camping! We got there Friday afternoon and soon headed out on the hike Hidden Canyon. It was so beautiful, but a little scary with some of the chain areas. Luckily we had way more adults then kids. (Since my kids were the only ones.) I wish I had pictures from the scary parts, but I think I was probably too scared to let go of the chain myself. The first set of pictures are from that hike. I love the picture of Bryner, he was so mad to be shaded from the sun.

On Saturday we split up a bit, since my brothers wanted to do a canyon. Dave stayed with us since he didn't have any of his stuff. While my parents enjoyed the shuttle bus in the loop and the river walk; we started the hike up to Angel's Landing. Now to clarify we never planned to go the whole way. I refuse to do the chains up there myself, let alone with my 4, 2 year old and 2 month old. They are tough little girls though and we got all the way up the wiggles and into the canyon just a little before we had to headed down to meet back up with my parents. It was such a beautiful view!
After that hike we stopped to enjoy the river water and a snack. The girls always love this part and look forward to it while we are in Zion.
It was a great trip. One thing I never took a picture of was the small farmer's market there. It was so fun and I have always wanted to see what it was like. I bought some things and they were wonderful! As always we loved being in Zion!

No comments: